About the Course
Asian College of Teacher’s Post Graduate Diploma in Pre & Primary Education in online learning mode is a comprehensive course designed to reward teachers with better prospects in the teaching arena. The course not only equips the professional teachers with modern and innovative techniques in education but also provides the aspiring teachers with a strong foothold in their teaching career. The course makes one eligible to teach from Nursery, Montessori, Kindergarten age group till class five which is between the age group of two and twelve years of children in any formal school.
Course duration : 240 hours/15 months*
Eligibility criteria : Bachelor’s Degree
Course fee : INR 36,000/-
* Fast track mode is available for the completion of the course.
- ACT's PG Diploma in Pre and Primary Education is a comprehensive course designed to reward teachers with better prospects in the teaching arena as well as in the supervisory roles.
- The course equips the professional teachers with modern and innovative techniques in education and includes integrating technology into the learning arena
- Along with learning the methodologies, techniques and approaches of teaching the Pre & Primary Teacher's Training Diploma course gives a training in the theoretical as well as the practical aspects which helps in the enhancement of the learning process.
- The course material is designed by experienced and reputed teachers and incorporates principles of teaching children in classrooms in new and innovative ways.
The course is conducted in both online learning mode
- Aspiring teachers who want to begin their careers as an early childhood facilitator.
- Active teachers looking for an up-gradation as well as a review of the teaching methods and tactics.
- Young mothers who want to be an effective educator at home for their children.
- Homemakers who are looking at taking up a job that helps in keeping the work-home balance.
- Career changers who find the busy corporate life too hectic and wants to change to a meaningfully enriching career of a young learners’ facilitator.
- Entrepreneurs who are interested in opening pre-school and looking at leadership options as school heads.
- Eligibility criteria :The minimum eligibility criteria is +12 pass in any discipline for the 120 hrs PPTTC and the Diploma mode and a graduate in any discipline for the PG diploma in PPTTC.
The course is conducted in online learning mode. All learning materials, whether written or video, will be provided online.
- Phase 1 : Principles and Approaches of Early Childhood Education
- Phase 2 : Characteristics of Young Learners
- Phase 3 : Lesson Planning & Instructional Strategies
- Phase 4 : Classroom Management
- Phase 5 : Educational Psychology
- Phase 6 : Resources Management
- Phase 7 : Evaluation
- Phase 8 : Language Learning & Language Acquisition
- Phase 9 : What is Grammar?
- Phase 10 : Word Classes
- Phase 11 : Auxiliary Verbs and Modal Verbs
- Phase 12 : Contextualization of Grammar
- Phase 13 : What is Phonology?
- Phase 14 : Organs of Speech
- Phase 15 : Phonetic Transcription, Stress and Intonation
- Phase 16 : Weak and Strong Forms
- Phase 17 : Lesson Plan (Art and Craft)
- Phase 18 : Lesson plan (EVS)
- Phase 19 : Lesson plan (Language)
- Phase 20 : Lesson plan (Numbers)
- Phase 21 : Teaching Writing
- Phase 22 : Project method
- Phase 23 : Curriculum from Pre-School Admin
- Phase 24 : Connecting to Technology
- Phase 25 : Presentation Stations in Class
- Phase 26 : Surfing the Internet
- Phase 27 : Keyboarding and Word processing –Integrated!
- Phase 28 : Integrating Reading Technology and Blogging
- Welcome letter and call
- Phase-wise course material
- Supplementary videos
- MCQ questionnaire and the teaching assignments
- Support from tutor via ticket and e-mail
- Globally recognized certificate
- Placement assistance
- Alumni support
- The course covers the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of Early Childhood Education that covers the essentials that a 21st century educator needs to be aware of.
- The content tries to give as much exposure possible to make the learning situations real in a simulated manner.
- The content is well supported by videos.
- The flow of the content includes:
- Principles and approaches of teaching young learners with special emphasis on the Montessori method along with Froebel’s philosophy, Reggio Emilia, Thematic Teaching and Project Method among others.
- o Educational Psychology and the characteristics of young learners that is relevant in classroom teaching.
- Specialized input on teaching English – with a focus on developing the skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Classroom management strategies.
- Using instructional strategies like music and movement, art and craft and technology in classroom.
- Resource management in creating Lesson plans as well as aids and material as required in classroom teaching.
- Evaluation techniques – the strategies of error correction.
- Practicum teaching in school. This includes planning the lesson as well as self evaluation and observed assessment.
All our successful students on completion of the PG Diploma in Teaching course, will receive globally recognized certificates from Asian College of Teachers. The certificate is at par with any in-class training program and our alumni record reflects that our trainees have found placement across the globe after completing the course.
Our courses are certified, accredited and endorsed by national and international bodies of repute. They include:
- QAHE accredits ACT courses; it is funded through fees charged for its accreditation services to Certification Bodies and Training Organizations.
- Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) recognised by UKVI in the UK, a member of the CHEA International Quality Group in the USA, and the British Quality Foundation, has accredited Asian College of Teachers (ACT)
- ACT is a proud member of CPD Certification Service, UK
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT), leading teacher education in Asia, is a proud member of European Association for International Education (EAIE).
- Asian College of Teachers (ACT) is a now a member of the esteemed Early Childhood Association (Membership Number is ECALM01389) whose aim is to reach out with all the endeavours for childhood initiatives and child rights.
- NCC Education, an awarding organisation and a global provider of British education, also endorses the courses of Asian College of Teachers.